Your air conditioner sits dormant all winter long, not having to do any work. Then the warm days of spring cause you to fire it up and get it ready for a hot summer ahead. Being prepared to take on the heat is vital. That must be why you’re searching for “air conditioner repair near me”. We are happy that your search has brought you the best and most reliable air conditioning services in all of Greeley, Fort Collins, and Northern Colorado. Cool Ducts Heating and Cooling is a locally owned and operated HVAC company dedicated to providing residential and commercial customers with all-inclusive HVAC services. We are knowledgeable about air conditioning repair and are looking forward to helping you get your air conditioner running in tip-top shape.
You may be wondering how you know for sure that your air conditioning needs repair. Let’s explore some of the top signs to look for that would tell you that it’s time to give us a call and have your unit maintenanced or repaired.
Top 9 signs that indicate you need air conditioning repair
- Inadequate Cooling: One of the most apparent signs that your air conditioner needs repair is if it is no longer cooling your home as efficiently as it used to. If you have to constantly turn down the temperature to get the same level of comfort, it’s a clear sign something might be wrong. This is a great reason to search “air conditioner repair near me” and get Cool Ducts HVAC out quickly.
- Strange Noises: Air conditioners should operate relatively quietly. If you start to hear unusual noises like grinding, squealing, or banging, it could be an indication that there’s a problem with a component inside the unit, such as a fan or a belt.
- Unusual Odors: If you notice musty or burning smells when your AC is running, it may be a sign of mold growth or an electrical issue. Mold is a health hazard, and an electrical issue could pose a fire risk, so it’s important to get it checked out right away.
- High Humidity: Your air conditioning system should moderate humidity levels automatically. If your home still feels moist or sticky despite the AC running, it may need to be repaired.
- Frequent Cycles: It’s normal for your air conditioner to cycle on and off to maintain a set temperature throughout your home. However, if you notice that it’s cycling more frequently than usual, it may be time for a checkup.
- Increased Energy Bills: If your energy bills have significantly increased without a change in usage habits, it might be a sign that your air conditioning system is working harder than it should to cool your home. This could be due to several issues, such as low refrigerant, dirty coils, or a failing compressor.
- Water or Refrigerant Leaks: Pooled water or an active leak around your air conditioning unit isn’t normal. It could mean that the condensate drain is blocked, or there’s a refrigerant leak. Either of these situations can cause serious damage to your unit if not addressed immediately.
- Unresponsive Thermostat: If your thermostat doesn’t respond when you adjust the settings or shows incorrect readings, it might be faulty. This could result in ineffective cooling and increased energy bills because the air conditioner might not be operating in line with your adjustments.
- Poor Airflow: If you notice weak or inconsistent airflow through your AC vents, it could be a sign of a failing blower fan or a blockage within your ductwork. This could also result in your AC system struggling to maintain the desired temperature, leading to unnecessary wear and tear.
Your search for “air conditioner repair near me” is over – Cool Ducts HVAC is your trusted answer.
We know you’ve been on the hunt for a great AC company, by looking for “air conditioner repair near me”. You’ve found your trusted air conditioner repair company in Northern Colorado. Cool Ducts HVAC strives to offer competitive pricing and unparalleled customer service. We are professionally trained, NATE Certified and have over a decade of experience under our belts, and are fully licensed and insured. You can be absolutely sure you are working with true professionals because we earned EPA & NATE certification and are proud members of the American Pipe Fittings Association (APFA). As the owner of Cool Ducts Heating and Cooling, I used to work for big-name HVAC companies and soon realized that they would overcharge for small services. I knew I could do better and still provide fair pricing with high-quality workmanship, so Cool Ducts HVAC was established. We truly care about our customers and are committed to providing excellent work and fair prices each and every time.
Read some of our five-star reviews from our happy customers:
“These guys are great! Nick is extremely knowledgeable about HVAC and even walked me through some home diagnostics, free of charge before coming to the conclusion, I need the coils cleaned. Highly recommend them!” -Eric
“Our home warranty company sent these folks out to replace our A/C when our old condenser stopped working as well as it should, and I couldn’t ask for a better contractor. They were responsive, professional, fast, and did a great job. Thank you!” -Deanna
Work with a team of professionals that will go above and beyond to satisfy all your heating and air conditioning needs to the highest standard. You can be assured that you no longer have to search for “air conditioner repair near me”. Give us a call today and stay cool Colorado!
Cool Ducts Heating and Cooling is a locally owned HVAC company providing HVAC services to residential customers in Fort Collins, Greeley, Loveland, Timnath, Severance, La Salle, Evans, Windsor, and all of Northern Colorado. We are NATE Certified and proud members of the American Pipe Fittings Association. Call 970-405-5333 for a free estimate for your installation or repair. Cool Ducts Heating and Cooling, 2580 E Harmony Rd Suite 301-06, Fort Collins, CO 80528.